Metal Roofs are a great alternative for home and commercial property owners. Although metal roofs are a little more expensive in regards to installation costs, they do provide the property owner with some specific advantages.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Aesthetically attractive – Metal roof systems come in a variety of styles. Metal roofs can give the appearance of traditional shingle roofs or even Spanish tiles.
- Cost efficiency – Metal roofs are a great option for those property owners who are looking for ways to reduce their energy costs. Metal roofs reduce solar radiant heat which can lower cooling costs by 10% to 25%.
- Longevity – Metal roofs can last 40 years or more depending on the material. Most traditional asphalt roofs have a life expectancy of 12 to 20 years.
- Durability – Metal roofs will not crack or corrode. They can be impact resistant depending on the type of metal used. Some metal roofs can even sustain winds of 140 mph! Additionally, there is very little maintenance required with metal roofs, however, it is good to schedule routine inspections to make sure no repairs are needed.
- Safety – Metal roofs will not spark or ignite into flames due to lightning strikes or other fire hazardous incidents.
- Recyclable – Metal roofs are not only made with recycled material but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their life.
For an experienced Birmingham, Alabama Metal Roof Contractor, please give Above All Roofing a call. We would love to provide you a free metal roof consultation and a free estimate! Call us today at 205-223-3375!